Monday, March 30, 2009

Mailbox Monday - March 30

Every week, Marcia at the Printed Page blog, asks what new books came into your home this week?
In my mailbox I received The Ladies Lending Library by Janice Kulyk Keefer from Harper Collins and their Library Love Fest blog.
I broke down and bought myself a trashy romance paperback - First Comes Marriage by Mary Balough. It's the first in a new series. I think I'll buy them all and then donate them to my library.
Then on Friday, I broke down and went to the library's used book sale. Did I rally need any more books? Probably not, but the money goes to the Friends of the Library and they in turn use it for projects at my library. I got Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon, Mourner's Bench by Susan Dodd, Game Control by Lionel Shriver, The Position by Meg Wolitzer, Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami, and Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock. Most of these books I don't know anything about. I picked them up because they were authors I'd read or heard about. So I'd love to hear if anyone has read any of these and what you thought about them.

8 comments:

PeachyTO said...

I've been looking to read Kafka on the Shore myself, so it would be interesting to hear what you think of it. As for the rest, I can't help you there either, as I have neither read nor heard about any of them.

It's hard to pass up a book sale!

Kaye said...

The library's big fall sale is my undoing. I come out of there with bags and bags of books. Of course, we justify it because hubby and I read a lot of the same books and the library gets the money to purchase more materials. Looks like you had a good week. Enjoy

Kaye said...

Sorry to say, I haven't read any of those but you may very well have some hidden gems in there. Enjoy!

Kristen said...

The Ladies Lending Library is terribly appealing to me. Lucky you to have scored a copy!

Alyce said...

Out of all the books in your stack the one I've heard the most about is Kafka on the Shore. I haven't made up my mind yet whether I'm going to read that one.

Serena said...

Looks like you got some great books this week...congrats...happy reading

Unknown said...

I usually fill my reusable shopping bags up at library sales. You certainly showed a lot of restraint! Of course, I usually have my kids with me working at filling up those bags :)

Marcia said...

Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. Enjoy your books!