Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Fancy Birthday


In January, my youngest niece, Sydney, turned 6. She had a Fancy Nancy birthday party. I love little girls who have birthday parties themes from story book characters. Fancy Nancy is a hoot, and I encourage everyone young and old to read her books. For Sydney's party my sister-in-law, Kirsten, made each girl a crown pillow that they got to decorate, then they had fingernail painting , and then ate this wonderful crown cake that Kirsten also made.
This page has a Lovely Lilac cardstock base. I also used Whisper White, Basic Black and Pink Passion. The black and white pattern paper down the side is from Imaginisce. The title is stamped with the Best Friends alphabet in Lovely Lilac ink. I used the SU slit punch to make the scallop borders and used a hole punch to give it an eyelet look. The journaling card is a large scallop circle punch and it slips inside an envelope that I die cut with my Big Shot. I used my white gel pen along the scallop edge to accent it. In the right hand corner of the picture I added lots of fun embellishments - a vellum heart tag with a Rose Red SU felt flower and a black brad, there is a chipboard crown that I covered with a silver pen, and a black chipboard flower from Colorbok (from the Michael's dollar spot) with two pink brads. None of my three nieces are very prissy, girly so I don't use a pink and purple color scheme very often so it was a bit difficult for me to work with. But I had fun with all the embellishing.

3 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

That is so sweet. I love Fancy Nancy : )

mollymoo951 said...

Very creative on the faux eyelet border! Your DSIL did a great job on the crown cake. I love the black & white with the pink & purple. Great color combo! Very creative & fun embellishments.

Great page!

Heather said...

My niece loves Fancy Nancy too. I read the first book and thought it was really cute. Your page is very creative!